We have discovered a bug in our use of the Python engine. It has to do with a debug feature that we turned on in ALPHA to hunt reference leaks. Basically we added
#define COUNT_ALLOCS
which adds the sys.getobjects function. There was an unfortunate side effect that the counter used was only 32 bit. Which turned out to be a problem when ~6000 users had been playing for some time. We never understood why we had node deaths, after the peak hour. This was the reason, a build up in the alloc counters. A patch will be issued tomorrow, so expect a lot less node off-lining as of tomorrows downtime.

Share this

Comments are closed.